Curtain bangs are having a moment right now, and we get why. These face-framing bangs are the perfect way to add a touch of effortless chic to your hairstyle without a big commitment. Plus, they look great on just about anyone, whether you have a round or oval face shape, thick or thin hair, or long or short hair. But once you've got your curtain bangs cut, you may find yourself wondering what to do with them. Well, fret not! Here are 10 fun and fabulous ways to style your curtain bangs like a pro.
1. Straight and sleek: For a polished, sophisticated look, blow-dry your curtain bangs straight and smooth with a round brush. Then, use a flat iron to straighten any kinks and finish with a little hairspray. Gordon Stylist Dasity says, “I bought a mini straightener just to style my bangs it helps sooo much because it has smaller plates so you won’t burn yourself and you can angle it however you like. I usually spray the heat relief spray and let that dry and comb my bangs and straighten my bangs in a roller like motion. Then put it in a Velcro roller if I want a fuller look. Then finish off whatever I have to do with my hair then whenever I’m ready to go I take out the Velcro roller. Then I’m ready!”
2. Middle part: Part your curtain bangs in the middle for a bohemian vibe. Add some loose waves to the rest of your hair for an effortless, carefree look. Take this tip from Gordon stylist Mary, “If you take front section, roll it back with big round brush, blow it for 15-30 seconds and roll the round brush back towards the back of the head. They should flow forward.”
3. Side sweep: This is a classic styling option for curtain bangs. Sweep your bangs to the side, either left or right, and allow them to blend into the rest of your hair. This style works particularly well if you have a heart-shaped face.
4. Tuck 'em in: If you don't want to bother with styling your bangs, you can always tuck them behind your ears and let them blend in with the rest of your hair. This is a great option for days when you're in a rush or just want to keep things simple.
5. Pin them back: A popular trend right now is to pin your curtain bangs back with bobby pins or barrettes. You can do this on one or both sides, and it adds a playful, vintage touch to your style.
6. Half-up, half-down: For a chic and easy style, pull the top half of your hair back into a ponytail or bun, letting your curtain bangs frame your face. This works particularly well if you have longer hair.
7. Textured waves: Add some texture to your curtain bangs by using a curling wand to curl them away from your face. Then, add some loose waves to the rest of your hair for a beachy, laid-back look.
8. Braided headband: A braided headband looks great with curtain bangs. Simply braid a section of hair and lay it across the top of your head, securing it with bobby pins. Let your bangs fall naturally over the braid.
9. Twist and pin: Twist a small section of hair and pin it back, adding some volume and interest to your curtain bangs. This is a great way to switch up your style without a lot of effort.
10. Updo: If you're going for a fancy occasion or just want an elegant look, you can create an updo with your curtain bangs. Pull your hair back into a low bun or chignon, and let your bangs frame your face for a romantic, glamorous vibe.
Curtain bangs are a versatile and trendy hairstyle that can be styled in many different ways. Whether you prefer a sleek and polished look or a more laid-back, bohemian vibe, there's a styling option that's perfect for you. These 10 fun and fabulous ways to style your curtain bangs are just the tip of the iceberg, so don't be afraid to experiment and find the perfect look that works for you. The best part? Curtain bangs are low-maintenance and grow out easily, so you can change up your style whenever you like. So go ahead and rock those bangs, and have fun with your new look!